Gaining Flexibility in the Midst of Evolving Healthcare Requirements
The Hickory Creek Healthcare Foundation operates several skilled nursing facilities that play an important role in serving middle-income families throughout Indiana and Ohio. However, the lean organization struggled to keep up with changing healthcare reporting requirements when it was using a decades-old clinical and financial system from American HealthTech. This on-premises software was primarily built around electronic medical records, and didn’t support Hickory Creek’s critical operational reporting needs.
To address these shortcomings, the organization made a big move and in a single year replaced its all-in-one software with three powerful cloud solutions that perfectly met Hickory’s Creek’s specific needs—Sage Intacct as the company’s financial backbone, PointClickCare for clinical administration and billing, and Proliant for payroll. Sage Intacct consulting partner CliftonLarsonAllen helped the company get up and running quickly, and set up several custom reports.
Previous business challenges
- Lacked multi-entity capabilities for inter-company transactions and a simplified chart of accounts across facilities
- Inefficient monthly close and cost reporting
- Limited visibility into location-level profitability and key metrics for planning
- Needed to go paperless in support of Affordable Care Act
Results with Sage Intacct
- Gained real-time visibility into key operational metrics
- Saved 5-10 hours/month in report preparation
- Shortened monthly close by 3-5 days